Who should I contact first if I am seeking disability support?

Throughout your time at St. Edmund’s, the College is here to ensure that you can fully engage with your studies. If you are seeking disability support, you should contact your College Tutor. They will be able to help you to find and implement the support you need, so that you can fulfil your degree to the best of your potential.

How does the University provide disability support?

The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) provides confidential support for disabled students.

The DRC supports individuals with any impairment, disability, or medical injury likely to last 12 months or more, including:

  • Specific learning difficulties (including dyslexia and dyspraxia)
  • Physical/mobility impairments and injuries
  • Upper Limb Syndrome or RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury)
  • Sensory impairments
  • Long standing illnesses/health conditions
  • Asperger syndrome and autism
  • Long standing mental health conditions likely to last 12 months or more (such as Bipolar Disorder or Depression)

Please contact the DRC for further information, a confidential chat, or to arrange an appointment with an adviser.

CUSU Disabled Students’ Campaign

The Campaign offers representation and support for disabled students – including helpful resources and online support groups. For more information, please see their website.

Related Links