1. What do I use for my payment reference?Please use your CRSID and Surname for payments so that they can be allocated correctly to your college student account.
  2. Can I pay my invoice in more than one transaction?Yes, as long as you settle your invoice before the deadline.Invoices are payable immediately but the College allows 14 days for students to prepare and transfer their payments. Students with a valid reason to delay payment must contact the Student Finance Officer or Student Finance Assistant within 14 days of receipt of invoice. Failure to do so may result in interest charges of 1.5% per month being levied on overdue accounts.
  3. What is Kitchen Minimum Billing (KMB)?The College makes a compulsory charge to all students for the use of the dining hall and coffee shop. This is charged at the beginning of each term and a credit is placed on the student’s University card. Once this credit has been used, students may pay for further meals by ‘topping-up’ their meal card at Reception. It is not College policy to refund unspent meal card balances.If you are on a special diet because of medical or religious reasons, you are encouraged to speak to the Catering Manager who can prepare a menu plan for you.
  4. What is CR Dues and can the charge be waived?Please see Blue Book section 1.4 for details. If you do not wish to be a member of the Combination Room, a written notice must be given to the President of the Combination Room within one week of the commencement of the Michaelmas Term. The charge can only be waived once the Finance Officer receives the confirmation from the CR President.
  5. What is Caution Money?‘Caution money’ is a room deposit, equivalent to one month’s rent is levied at the commencement of residence each year against possible loss or damage to decorations, fabric and furnishings, and is credited (as appropriate) to your account at the end of residence. Caution money can only be credited if the student completes an application form and it is signed off by a member of the housekeeping staff. If a refund is due the Student Finance Officer will use the information on the form to return funds to the student. Forms are available online (https://www.st-edmunds.cam.ac.uk/rents) or  from the Porter’s Lodge
  6. What do I need to do if my sponsor has agreed to pay my Tuition Fee to the College directly?Please check with your sponsor and provide an accurate billing address on your Source of Finance Form so that the College is able to send a separate fee invoice to your sponsor. Sponsors are invoiced during Michaelmas Term for tuition fees.
  7. What do I do if my sponsor has agreed to pay my maintenance costs?Sponsors normally pay maintenance costs to your bank account so that you will be responsible for paying your college invoices.
  8. I have a Postgraduate Loan. Can I defer part of my tuition fee payment until I receive the instalments?
    Yes, the College understands that the loan will be paid in instalments so you can delay part of your tuition fee payment until you receive the instalments. Tuition fees are invoiced at the start of each academic year. Please contact the Student Finance Officer or Student Finance Assistant to make a payment agreement when receive your Michaelmas term invoice.
  9. I have US Federal Loan. How will that work?The College is aware of US regulations and special dispensation is made for students funding their studies using US federal loans. The College will arrange for your fees to be paid in equal instalments in line with your US loan disbursements.

Further information on loans can be found here